Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Father's Day

I've gotten really behind on blogging lately. Hmm... wonder why??

I'm not sure if it was a blessing or not to have baby Jarom the week that school got out. I don't have to get anyone ready for school in the mornings, or get them out the door on time... which is a blessing. But on the other hand, they're home all day! So it's been a challenge... but the kids have been so helpful, and I've really loved the unstructured time we've had together this summer. We've definitely been busy with all sorts of fun activities. I'm going through some of our pictures and playing catch-up today...

On father's day, I dressed the kids up in their new t-shirts, and they made breakfast in bed for daddy to celebrate his special day. Then after church they played this ridiculously goofy game Jon came up with. (His creativity amazes me!) He stands at the top of the stairs and wraps a blanket around his head. Then the kids yell, "Rapunzel, rapunzel, let down your hair!" And they kids take turns holding on to the blanket and trying to climb it and swing around until they drop onto the cushions on the floor. The kids LOVE this game! I know, we're so weird. Haha!



Daddy with his newest little guy...

I just love my husband so much. I'm grateful that he's such a devoted, loving family man and that he works so hard for us. What a man!



Happy Father's Day Daddy!
We love and appreciate you!
And of course, I can't forget my own wonderful father, who has the most kind and compassionate heart. I love you Dad!

3 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

You had Jarom when school got out, and I'm having mine right when school starts! Oh the craziness!

John is a super awesome Dad. Your kids must love him so much! It really is about spending time and being silly with them!

Mamapierce said...

Happy Father's Day to your hubby! :D My kids just started school this week - where did the summer go? I sure miss you, Nicole. (((HUGS)))

Mel said...

Oh, your family looks so fun! I love the swinging on the blanket. Hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...