Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I'm just overflowing with gratitude right now for my family and for the blessings in my life. This has been such a wonderful weekend. For our date night on friday, Jon and I did some cleaning/purging/organizing around the house. Not the most romantic date ever, but I can't believe how much better I feel when the house is orderly. It's been such a challenge lately to keep it that way. I heard a quote once that is so true... "cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing". So we watied until they were in bed, and took advantage of the opportunity. :)

Then on Saturday we went to an easter eggstravaganza in Piqua, and had a great time, despite the fact that it snowed again this year! Here's Celeste trying to fake a smile through her frozen lips...

Ironically enough, the kids got coupons for free ice cream cones from DQ which we had to redeem because they were only good at the Piqua store! But the kids were thrilled, they didn't seem to care that it was 30 degrees outside!
The best part of the weekend of course, was going to church as a family and celebrating the real meaning of Easter. I am so grateful for the resurrection of Jesus Christ which makes it possible for us to live again after this life, and to have eternal families. I KNOW that Jesus Christ lives, and I am forever grateful for this knowlege which has brought such indescribable joy to my life. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Mamapierce said...

Happy Easter Nicole! I truly love reading your blog - it's so entertaining! What fun pictures, too! You sang so well yesterday. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...