Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Carriage Hill

One of the things I absolutley LOVE about living in this area is the MetroParks system. There are over 20 parks in Miami Valley that are replete with recreational opportunities, and in my mind, there's nothing better than being outdoors with my family. So last week, I was feeling daring, so I took all 4 kids to Carriage Hill, my very favorite park. It's a historical farm with over 900 acres of scenic woodlands, there's also a visitors center, and even a cute country store that sells (penny) candy. I just love it there, plus we've been reading Charlotte's Web together, so it was good for the kids to see some barn animals.

I had Benny and Charity in our jogging stroller, Jakey was strapped to me in the baby carrier and Celeste walked next to us. I always find it amusing to see the looks I get from people when I take them out. They ALL say the same thing... "Looks like you've got your hands full" or "Are they all yours?" I just laugh and say something positive, like, "Yeah, it's great!" and if the kids are behaving, I try to bring up the gospel somehow by saying something like, "We're all about family in our church." Anyway, we had a great time! Here are a few pics from our fun day:







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to have the weather warm again? We went to carriage hill on N's birthday, and Wegerzyn (sp?) today. We should go together sometimes--imagine the looks with 8 kids between us! I get the comments, too. Except people frequently ask me if I run a daycare (I think N~ confuses them a bit!).

Mamapierce said...

You're such a great missionary, Nicole! And I absolutely love your positive and cheerful attitude! You're such an inspiration. :o)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Carriage Hill. I could never tire of it. I'm glad you are enjoying the weather and I love your attitude towards people comments. I had one friend once have someone ask her if all those kids were hers. It was in a grocery line, she looked back at all of them and jumped like she had never seen them before in her life. She was hilarious and could put humor into anything. Positive attitudes and humor can go a long way.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for penny candy!! We can't get enough of Carriage Hill either. I think I was asked if all my children were mine and if I wanted any girls at least 5 times yesterday. Someone also said the ever creative, "You've got your hands full"! So I replied, "Full of blessings"! For the first time I didn't get a strange look but a smile and positive remark. Maybe it'll catch on! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...