My friend Jill tagged me to answer a few random questions, so here goes...
What I was doing 10 years ago:
Let's see, I was a junior in high school and we had just moved to Orem, Utah. (See previous post 7 random things for the reason) I was in a serious relationship with a guy who later proposed... (soooo glad I listened to the spirit on that one!) I felt lost and alone during those years. Thank goodness I gained a solid testimony in later years and married the right guy for me!!
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Practice sextet musical number for Sunday at my friend Jessica's house
2. Bake 2 cakes for book club (strawberry cream, and german chocolate, my Aunt Linda's recipe... my all-time fave!!)
3. Take care of my sweeties: (dress, feed, bathe, learning time, probably send a couple kids to the naughty chair, etc. etc.)
4. Sing 'Amazing Grace' at a memorial service
5. Host a book club... woo-hoo!! (I always look forward to book club night!)
Whew! It's gonna be a busy one... just writing it makes me want to take a nap.
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Put some money aside for our family and loved ones for our needs to be taken care of.
2. Donate the rest to worthy causes I believe in (church humanitarian fund, helping end poverty and world hunger... btw... did you know that every 3.6 seconds someone dies from hunger? And to satisfy the world's sanitation and food requirements would cost only $13 billion- what the people of the United States and the European Union spend on perfume each year. Ahhh, don't even get me started! This leads me to the next topic...
1. Worry about things that are for the most part out of my control, like world events, tragic stories on the news, etc.
2. Consume too much sugar
3. Nag my hubby to take out the diapers
Places I've lived:
5 jobs I've had:
1. SuperTarget bakery employee/cake decorator
2. Florist... kind of... it was my very first job and I was in 7th grade, so I didn't really know what I was doing
3. Waitress at the Palace Cafe in college
4. Dickens Caroler- The coolest job ever!! I was part of a quartet that was hired to sing at private parties, community events, etc. We dressed up in traditional victorian costumes and sang christmas carols. Our repetoire consisted of over 100 Christmas carols... definitely comes in handy every December ;) Here's a link for a picture: http://dickenscarolers.com/pictures.html
5. Rise, Inc.- I worked with developmentally disabled youth- caretaking responsibilities, and tried to help them get integrated into society.
Tag, you're it!