Friday, August 22, 2008

Best Buds

Celeste completed her first week of kindergarten, and did great. But little Benny has been struggling to make the transition. Before school started, it seemed like I was constantly breaking up their fights and sending someone to the naughty chair. I thought for sure they'd be happy to get a break from each other. But now that she's gone... every couple hours he'll ask... "Where's sissy?" And I'll say, "Sissy goes to kindergarten now, remember sweetie?" And he drops his head and wistfully says, "oh yeah." And when it's time for her to come home, he waits by the window and then throws his arms around her when she comes through the door. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder.



3 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

awww how cute! And how are you feeling after the 1st week of kindergarden?

Mamapierce said...

Awww! That makes me want to cry, it's so sweet. I'm ready for that kind of situation to happen with Anna...she needs some siblings to miss her when she's in school. :o)

nicole said...

Steph,
To be honest, I'm feeling great about it. I think it's nice to have more time with the other kids, who don't as get much attention when she's around because she has the personality that is probably most dominant. So it's all good! Thanks for asking. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...