Sunday, October 12, 2008

Date night gone wrong...

On friday night there was an activity at church that I was really excited about. There was an instructor that was going to teach us latin dancing. I LOVE dancing, and I was really looking forward to it, but I got sick, so we couldn't go. :( I was really bummed, so my sweet romantic hubby decided to take me dancing the following night. So we found a ballroom dancing group in town, and we were thrilled about it! But when we got there, it wasn't exactly what we had expected. The dancing group turned out to be a group from an old folks home! We couldn't help but feel a little out of place! We thought since we were at least 30 years younger, we'd be able to show them a couple of our moves, and keep up with them on the dance floor. But we were wrong! They were AMAZING dancers!! They danced circles around us and we had to sit down because we were practically getting mowed over by them. It was really inspiring! We stayed and watched in awe for a little while, but then we fox-trotted on outta there and went bowling instead!

Ha ha!! Check out that form! He really takes his game seriously!

Here's my awkward attempt to imitate him... but mine went in the gutter. :(

So after being extremely humbled by some oldies (but goodies) we decided to go home and practice so that next time maybe we just might be able to keep up.

5 comments:

Introspective Steph said...

hey...about coming over today... I hope you get this...but maybe next week would be better. I'm stressing right now on whether to go to the funeral or not because of money stuff...so i don't think today would be good to come over.

Jenni said...

When I was on the performing ballroom dance team we used to do floor shows at senior centers. 17yr old me used to sit there and watch those old couples dancing and think yeah, that's what I want to be when I'm 60 and 80 and 100: Dancin with my hubby. :)
Unfortunately my hubby isn't into the ballroom thing...I miss it terribly. But I trust that (if not before) then we have the millennium for things like that.

Lilola said...

It sounds like a lovely evening... so where does this geezer group meet and when? Cost? Some of your readers are older than you, you know! LOL

Sarah C said...

Funny story. I am glad you had a good time dancing together.

Mamapierce said...

Nicole - all of your posts are so fun to read! This one is no exception! I love your bowling forms - so funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...