Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Memories

Halloween at the Hudsons is quite an ordeal! We have a fun tradition of getting dressed up to a family theme every year. We especially enjoy going to the trunk-r-treat at our church... just one of the many fun and edifying events our church offers for families. So here's a look at some of the special halloween memories from the last couple years.


2006




2007




and...


2008!




Believe it or not, these costumes cost just over $60 total! We try to plan ahead and buy most of them on clearance a year in advance, and the rest of the items we just piece together. Who said you have to spend a ton of money to have fun?!

Ha ha ha!!! This picture cracks me up!! I can't believe I could make my studly hubby look so incredibly hideous!
Here we are at the Taco Bell drive-thru. Needless to say the poor girl was pretty shocked to see us pull up to the window. After we got our order, Jon said, "I'll get you my pretty!!" and gave her a hearty cackle as we sped off and laughed ourselves sick!! This was reminiscint of last year's adventure (More Random Funnnies post). Oh man... seriously- why not?? Good times!!!


Oh my word... what a goofball.



Here's me and my sweet little munchkin. Love this kid!

The kiddos were pretty much wiped out by the end of the night. And Baby Jakey was sooo done with being a munchkin!

So I guess it's already time to start planning our family theme for next year.

Any suggestions?!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

my family may or may not have done members of the fellowship of the ring (LOTR)... ;)

star wars characters...

Julie Jardine said...

You guys are awesome! I think it is so cool that you dress up as a family with a theme. I just can't believe Jon's enthusiasm! Way to go! And so funny!

The Woods said...

I thought you guys looked great! I love the picture of your munchkin pulling out his hair! All of you looked great!!!

Mamapierce said...

You guys have SO much fun! I love your Halloween pictures and your creativity! Awesome costumes! :o)

Anonymous said...

so where do u guys typically get your get ups? We've been wanting to do this as a family for years. I try to plan it out but we never get around to it. (mainly cuz I would have to do all this sewing)...so the thought of buying them all sounds great!

Carol said...

I can't believe the crazy coencidences between us. Willow was Dorthy this year, and Sam was the scarecrow. Two of their other cousins were the lion and the tin man, but they never ended up going around with us. We went to their trunk or treat, but the lion was too cowardly to leave his mom who was handing out candy at their car and the tin man (his 2 month old brother) was sound asleep and not to be awakened, so he never even got his costume on. Ah, well...
So, since you already took my idea, I don't have any new suggestions yet.

nicole said...

Thanks guys! Michele, the only sewing project I have EVER done in my life was the Kanga costume since I couldn't find anything else that would work. But I definitely recommend buying them if you can! Disney usually has some pretty cheap costumes on clearance after the year, and target, walmart, and ebay is where we usually look. The dress I wore was from Goodwill (where else?!) for 1.49. It's not exactly like Dorothy, but it worked. :) So we just usually piece them together. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...