Monday, December 29, 2008

Writing the Wrongs

"By small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
-Alma 37:6

I used to have a real problem when I would watch or read about world events. It was so depressing to get a constant feed through the media of all the negativity and hear about all the horrific things that happen in this world. There were times that it would practically ruin my day! I would feel such hopelessness and despair and I didn't understand why bad things would happen to good people... especially to innocent children. But I realized that my fretting about things that were completely out of my control was purposeless. It only caused me to feel discouraged and depressed thus making me less effective in my most important roles as a wife and mother.

So I was thrilled when I stumbled across this blog that inspired me to take a few minutes each day to do a few small and simple things to help someone in need. I have recently started as a contributor for this blog writing about causes that I feel passionate about. Check out my first post called "To Strengthen the Family" (And feel free to join us!) It's so empowering to feel that we can choose to take initiative. We can choose to stand together to DO something. It may be small and simple, but when done with genuine love and compassion, each one of us can be a powerful influence for good in this world.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...