1. Link the person who tagged you…In my case, Katie.
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
1. For as long as I can remember, I have been very sensitive to motion and afraid of heights. Roller-coaster rides have always been absolutely terrifying to me. In fact, when I was little, I remember going on the Dumbo ride at Disneyland, and being absolutely terrified... I hated it! I don't understand (and totally admire) how people ride those things for FUN! I just don't get that!
But, over the last couple years, I have been trying to conquer this fear of mine. Jon and I went to Kings Island, and we started with the kiddie rides and worked our way up to the really scary ones. By the end of the day, my poor hubby had scars on his arms from my fingernails digging into his skin. The next adventure to help me overcome my fear was the hot air balloon ride which was wonderful, but no big deal compared to what's coming up. The whole purpose of the hot air balloon ride was to get me primed for... sky-diving!!! We have one last gift certificate that expires at the end of this month. (I got these certificates for my birthday 2 years ago, and now that time is running out, and I'd better work up the courage to do it... and quick!) My brother Ben, (who has also been afraid of heights) and I are going to take the leap together! It will be such an amazing accomplishment. It's on my list of 100 goals to complete in my lifetime. I just hope I can do it! Stay tuned for a future blog this month... hopefully it won't be one of depressed defeat.
2. I eat ice cream with a fork. I don't know why... Jon always teases me about it... but it just seems more logical that way, because then I can dig out the chunks more easily.
3. I habitually lose things. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my keys, I usually blame it on being pregnant (because that has been my state for much of the last few years), but the honest truth is, I was scatter-brained before I had kids, and I'm much more scatter-brained now that I've had kids.
4. I despise sponges. I know that sounds totally bizarre. But, I just can't touch them unless they're brand new. I think it's cause I saw a documentary once about how the average sponge hosts 7 BILLION bacteria. It grossed me out so much, I could never touch one again. I just can't stand the thought of wiping all that stuff around the whole kitchen. Bleh!! In case you're wondering- I do clean. But I use a dishwand, handtowels, and paper towel products.
5. I don't drink anything other than milk and water. I figure I can eat more that way, since I'm not downing all those quick calories from pop and/or juice.
6. I am hyperactively passionate about time management. When I'm on vacation, or spending free time with my hubby or the kids, I have no problem relaxing and doing nothing except being together. But if I'm waiting in the car at a traffic light, or folding laundry, or even watching a movie, I have to do something else too. For example in the car, I have a sign-language book to help me learn new signs when I'm stuck in traffic (no, I don't do it while driving!). Or when I'm folding the laundary, or doing dishes, etc. I always listen to a book on cd. I also have a problem with watching tv or movies. Occasionally it's fine, but after a while I have this overwhelming sense that I should be out living my life instead of watching someone else live theirs. I just feel this sense of urgency that there's just too much work to be done to waste any time in this life. Sheri Dew said something once that really inspired me... "We no longer have the luxury of spending our time on anything that doesn't lead us and our families closer to Christ."
So there you go... there's a few of my quirks... Hmmm, who should I tag now?